The Matrix Building
- Project Status: Complete
- Location: 9-13 Aldgate High Street, London
- Client: McBains Cooper
Description of Site
The Matrix is located on a confined landlocked site with Aldgate High Street to the south, St Botolph Street to the north, St Botolph’s Church to the west and Aldgate Underground Station to the east. Between St Botolph’s Church and The Matrix is a public footpath called St Botolph Row which leads to a subway on the Northwest corner of the site passing under St Botolph Street in a North-westerly direction.
There are bridges under both Aldgate High Street and St Botolph Street spanning over the London Underground rail lines and station below.
Description of Works
- 30 week programme
- Full utility service disconnections
- Electrical sub station disconnection.
- Full soft strip of all internal fixtures and fittings.
- Removal of asbestos containing materials
- MOLAS enabling works
- Full scaffold erection on all elevations of the building.
- LUL and TFL approvals regarding scaffold erection and demolition over Aldgate Station
- City of London approvals on road closures, working times, mobile cranes
- St Botolph’s Church approvals on adjacent demolition.
- Full structural demolition of the Matrix building
- Demolition undertaken with the use of excavators ranging from 1.5t- 5t. Brock excaavtors ranging from 1t-3.5t.
- Demolition undertaken in a floor by floor basis using the internal lift shafts as materials chutes.
- All materials removed from the building via conveyor system positioned on the 1st floor.
- Lane closure in St Botolph’s Street to enable HGV’s to be loaded with demolition materials via the conveyor/ gantry