This projected consisted of demolition of a 2 number 8 story former residential blocks, located within a close knit north London Community. The buildings were b ordered at the site boundary with newly built residential blocks to the West, a live School to the East and existing residential buildings to the North and South.
The fabric of the buildings was of reinforced concrete with brick infill (circa 1950’s post war construction). This building had considerable Asbestos containing material present which was all removed by our in house Asbestos removal division.. Our remit was too:-
- Isolate all services/disconnections
- Conditional Surveys
- Full notifiable asbestos removal
- Complete strip out
- Demolition of all buildings to slab level
- Removal of all slabs and foundations
The project was carried out next to live areas of the school, which presented many challenges, which required additional control measures, some of which were:-
- Environmental – noise, dust and vibration
- Traffic Management issues
- Ensuring works were segregated from the school and hours of site traffic were suspended between school opening and closing periods The project was completed within programme (26 months) and to budget with no health and safety incidents.