The site is located in a commercial and industrial setting in the Tinsley area of Sheffield. The site lies within a Coal Mining Reporting Area and is located approximately 3 miles northeast of Sheffield City Centre. The site comprises the now disused former Tinsley Wire and Betafence manufacturing factory buildings with associated access roads, car parking, service yard, support buildings and outhouses.
Demolition phase works include:
- Protection of trees identified as being retained.
- Site clearance (trees not identified to be retained, shrubs, vegetation etc.)
- Asbestos removal prior to demolition.
- Demolition of buildings within the red and blue boundaries to include removal of slabs, foundations, hard standing, and drainage to an approximate depth of 2 metres.
- Remediation of any identified contamination.
- Crushing of demolition arisings (Type 1 & 6F2) to be stockpiled and retained on site for incorporation within the re-development works.
- Removal of plant and / or materials for recycling / recovery / reuse.
- Removal of waste materials to a suitable licensed facility.
A stellar example of direct connection large scale asbestos removals by the Squibb Group Team led by Nicky.